FAEA invites application for scholarships for the year 2023-24 to pursue undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/medical/engineering and other technical and professional disciplines at any university / institution / college in India.
- Students who have passed Class XII from a recognized board in India
- 1st year under-graduate students.
- Students whom Class XII result are not declared need to apply after declaration of result.
- Students who belong to socially and economically weaker sections of society.
Scope of Scholarship – FAEA, on selection of student for the FAEA scholarship, provides financial aid for completion of undergraduate courses which includes tuition fee, maintenance allowance or hostel/mess charges and other allowances to cover travel, clothing and book purchase as per our norms. The continuance of scholarship and amount of scholarship is, however, subject to good academic performance and availability of funds.
Important Instruction –
- After filling the application form online successfully, you will be allotted 9 digit auto generated “Confirmation Code” which should be kept note of for future correspondence with FAEA.
- Please do NOT send any document/certificate at this stage of applying. If you are shortlisted in the preliminary round of selection you will be advised to appear for an interview and bring along with the original documents. Failure to attend the interview and to present the original documents will result in disqualification for award of scholarship.
- Incomplete application form shall not be considered.
- In case you require any clarification regarding the online application, please send e-mail at inquiry(at)faeaindia.org. Please note that no other form of communication will be entertained including telephone call, conventional mail, fax etc.
References – Candidates should choose at least one person out of the 2 given options who is known to them extremely well and has been in a position to observe and evaluate their work skills and academic ability. At least one of the referees must be from a formal academic institution. FAEA shall write to the referees directly if you are short listed to appear for the interview.
Policy Guidelines –
Location of study: This scholarship programme is designed so that scholars may study in any university/institution/college in India that best meets their educational needs.
Duration and related considerations: Scholarships may be for up to a maximum of five years. All grants must be renewed annually, based on the Scholar’s progress and availability of funds with FAEA. Students must engage in full-time study and be enrolled in formal degree programme. Other Financial support: FAEA Scholars are responsible for informing FAEA office of other grants, scholarship and financial aid they have received for their study programme. Award amounts may be negotiated on the basis of this information. Failure to report additional financial support/scholarship can constitute grounds for withdrawal of the BHEL-FAEA Scholarships.
Deferment: Deferments (postponement) may be permitted once for up to one year. A request for deferment may be made for personal reasons such as serious illness of the fellow or his or her immediate family or adverse conditions in the scholar’s home state. Requests for deferment must be submitted to the FAEA office in New Delhi and be accompanied by substantiating documentation or evidence.
Successful progress: Recipients of FAEA scholarships are expected to excel in their studies and show success in their course work. Results from the host university/institution/college must be forwarded to the FAEA office on an annual basis. In addition, Fellows will be required to submit periodic reports of their progress.
Disbursement of funds: Funds will be disbursed directly to Scholars, with the exception of tuition, hostel and related fees, which will be disbursed directly to the educational institution. Applicants are expected to take advantage of on-campus housing and meal plans when possible.
Award amount: These are determined by FAEA to ensure compliance with budgetary guidelines. Final awards are based entirely on the discretion of the FAEA and may cover the full cost of proposed study plans up to five years.
Travel: Second class travel for one round trip to the point of destination and return to the home city/village will be provided to the candidate for appearing in the interview. In case of female candidates, reimbursement will be given to one accompaniment also.
Selection Process: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews across India in the metropolitan city. Thereafter, a national panel will make the final selection and results will be declared. The support granted shall be subject to the candidate being accepted by the host university/institution/college.
Incomplete application or application submitted after last date shall not be considered.
Withdrawal of awards: Grounds for possible revocation or termination may include (1) failing to maintain satisfactory academic progress. (2) Suffering from a physical or mental illness that prevents the scholar from continuing the programme of study. (3) Detection of any false declaration by the student.
Last Date for Registration is 30.06.2023