- Workshop is part of the series of G20 Feeder Thematic Workshops being organised on themes mentioned in the G20 New Delhi Leaders’ Declaration
NITI Aayog to organise workshop on the Transformative Technology – Promoting Development, Growth and Innovation through DPIs on 5 November 2023 (Sunday) at Hotel Le Meridian, New Delhi. This will be fourth in the series of G20 Feeder Thematic Workshops being organised on 10 themes discussed in the G20 New Delhi Leaders’ Declaration (NDLD). This workshop is jointly organised with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
This workshop will endeavour to bring together various views from experts, entrepreneurs, innovators, academia, representatives of think-tanks, and government in the DPI space to identify the way forward and the required resources to achieve the objectives and outcomes mentioned in the G20 New Delhi Leaders’ Declaration.
It will be divided into following four segments. Each segment will aim to coalesce into specific action points and strategies that are required to implement the vision laid out in the NDLD:
- Digital Identities for Empowering People: Digital Identity is the foundation for any well-thought-out DPI ecosystem as that is the key for the citizen to unlock all the benefits and services available to them and is a major accelerant for inclusion. The segment will explore various pathways for implementation of digital identity systems and deliberate on concerns, strategies, standards and regulatory structures of digital identity systems.
- Payments: Fuelling the Digital Economy: The UPI platform has been the driver of the exponential growth of digital payments in India. UPI has simplified the process of digital transactions enabling financial inclusion. This segment will discuss successes of UPI in India, replicability of UPI in other countries and internationalization of UPI.
- Data Empowerment and Protection Architecture (DEPA): a DPI-led approach to help India become an AI model-building nation: This segment will delve into implications of DEPA for various stakeholders, regulatory challenges in AI, possibilities of international regulatory framework for data sharing and ethical considerations, such as fairness, transparency, and accountability in AI development.
- Unlocking Opportunities: The Power of Open Networks: The segment will explore role of open networks in reshaping digital ecosystems, challenges in implementation of open networks and avenues of public-private partnership in development of open networks.
This workshop will be an opportunity for industry, academics, experts, and civil society representatives to collaborate and design a roadmap for enabling, inclusive, open, fair, non-discriminatory, secure and resilient digital economies within all countries, while respecting applicable legal frameworks.
Ten such Feeder Thematic Workshops are being organised from 1 November 2023 to 9 November 2023. The themes of the workshops include G20 to G21, Data for Development, Tourism, Digital Public Infrastructure, Sustainable Development Goals, Trade, Indian Development Model, Women Led Development, Reforming Multilateral development banks & Climate Finance and Green Development.