IIM Sambalpur Starts MBA Batch with 60% Female Students

  • The institute has increased the batch size from 300 last year to 320 this year

IIM Sambalpur starts its 9th MBA batch 2023-25, marking it as the biggest batch of the institute. The institute has increased the batch size from 300 last year to 320 this year.

The new batch saw a galloping increase in women participation with 60 per cent of female students (197 seats) marking their seats in the course out of 329 students. Male students bagged the rest 40 per cent of the seats (132 seats).

The inauguration ceremony was graced by esteemed guests including Dr Tapan Kumar Chand, President of Vedanta Ltd. and Swati Agarwal, Partner at Deloitte, who provided inspiring insights to all students present at the ceremony. Sharing knowledge and wisdom with great transparency and expertise, they guided the incoming batch onto their academic journeys ahead and what the same would entail. Prof. Shivani Sharma delivered a vote of thanks to all dignitaries who were present at the event.

Prof. Mahadeo Jaiswal, Director, IIM Sambalpur expressed his views, “At IIM Sambalpur, we focus on three core values that are innovation, integrity and inclusiveness which are based on the teachings of the Hindu deities – Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. The three lines in IIM Sambalpur’s logo depict those three Is in the form of a famous Sambalpuri handloom design. These are the three core values if focused can help Indian B-schools to rank globally. Going forward I believe that these values will be the differentiating factor in the learning journey of the incoming batch. I hope this transformative educational experience for the students will bring about a bigger societal impact in the future.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *