The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India is offering scholarships for admission to the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge in the academic year 2023-24, as below:
Three OCSI Scholarship(s):
- OCSI K.K. Luthra Memorial Scholarship, tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford worth INR 2,50,000 (Rupees Two Lacs Fifty Thousand).
- OCSI Anita Banerji Memorial Scholarship, tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford worth INR 2,00,000 (Rupees Two Lacs).
- OCSI Nirmal Luthra Memorial Scholarship, tenable at the University of Cambridge worth INR 4,00,000 (Rupees Four Lacs).
- The Emmanuel College Cambridge (India) Scholarship worth INR 2,00,000 (Rupees Two Lacs), tenable at Emmanuel College, Cambridge, from Nikhil Sawhney and Sumant Dhamija.
- One scholarship worth INR 1,00,000 (Rupees One Lac) tenable only at St. Hilda’s College, Oxford, from Ritika Dhamija.
Note: Each year we seek to raise funds and receive other grants that become available by June each year. Candidates will be eligible for any such additional grants as well.
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must be ordinarily resident in India
- Must be not more than 30 years of age on 1 September of the year of application for the award
- Must be a graduate of an Indian university if applying to a second undergraduate or for a post graduate course (applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply for the awards), or be from a school in India if applying for an undergraduate course.
- Must have applied for and secured admission to study a full-time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford. Candidates are required to present proof of admission before grant of the scholarship, and proof of having taken up residence at Cambridge or Oxford before the scholarships funds are released.
Must intend to pursue a course of study that is one of the following:
- Research leading to the PhD degree
- One-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Taught and research based Masters programmes of various durations (including M. Sc., engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status
Bachelors Degree Programme
- Must be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic procedures. OCSI cannot admit students or assist in this process.
OCSI Scholarships – Forms and Dates 2023
- Application forms for OCSI scholarships will be available on the website of the Society by March every year.
- All application forms must be submitted online by May 15, 2023.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the interviews shall be informed by Mid-June 2023. The decision of the OCSI Scholarship Committee on the short-listing and selection of candidates shall be final.
- All short-listed candidates will be required to attend an interview with the OCSI scholarship committee tentatively Mid-July 2023. Details of the interview shall be intimated to shortlisted candidates in due course.
- Award offers will normally be made to selected candidates by July 31, 2023.