Today was the first day and first shift of the Joint Entrance Examination Mains (Session 2) 2023
The JEE Main 2023 (BE/BTech) exam is being conducted entirely in computer-based mode by the National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE Main Exam 2023 (BE/BTech) will be held on 6th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 15th April, 2023. The paper will be conducted in two shifts, i.e. first shift from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and second shift from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Today was the first day and first shift of the Joint Entrance Examination Mains (Session 2) 2023. The examination consisted of 90 questions, out of which students had to attempt 75 questions.
As per expert faculty analysis, below are the key take-aways from Day 1 – JEE Main (Session 2) Shift 1 – 2023:
Subject wise difficulty Level
- Physics was the easiest subject to attempt.
- Chemistry had a mix of moderate and easy questions. The chemistry section consisted mostly of easy questions.
- Mathematics was of moderate difficulty. Mathematics consisted mostly of easy and moderate questions.
Class wise distribution level
- In Physics, majorly questions were from the Class 11th syllabus.
- In Chemistry, questions were evenly distributed from the Class 11th and Class 12th syllabus.
- In Mathematics, majorly questions were from the Class 11th syllabus
- Overall the questions distribution from the Class 11th syllabus dominated the paper.
Overall difficulty level
The overall difficulty of JEE Main (Session 2) Shift 1 – 2023 was moderate. Overall, Mathematics was the most difficult subject to attempt.
The order of difficulty in different subjects as assessed by experts is Mathematics > Chemistry > Physics.